View Series Trailer
“Raising Kingdom Kids” is a six session video-based Bible study that takes place on Wednesday nights at 6PM in the FBC Worship Center. Come and join us for this studying that is edifying for all seasons of parenting.
Session 1 Notes
- We must teach our kids that earthly possessions don’t matter in light of eternity. You can’t write a check later in your life to purchase peace.
- Tony Evans’ children testify to the fact that their parents were very intentional about setting the culture of their family.
- There is a kingdom in this world that is breaking apart our families. It’s a kingdom that is not meant to keep families together.
- There’s a mis-definition of why God created kids in the first place. So, what do we mean by Kingdom parenting?
- Consider Genesis 1 where God talks about making man in His image and creating them for the purpose of being fruitful and multiplying. The ability to reproduce, stated simplistically, means that we have the ability to create our own look-alikes in this world.
- However, God created the family to replicate His image. We are meant to image forth God in the visible world as He images Himself in the invisible world. The goal of Christian parenting is so that God can have look-alikes in this world.
- Here’s the operative definition: Kingdom parenting is intentionally overseeing the generational transfer of the faith in such a way that children learn to operate under God’s rule.
- God is not after an individual, He is after the future. Whoever owns the family, runs the future.
- Satan is after the same thing. He wants to create a generation of rebels who are not raised under recognition of the rule of God.
- Now more than ever our kids are being corralled by a culture that leaves God out.
- God has said that it is through parenting that we defeat the evil one >> consider Paul’s emphasis on motherhood, that through bearing and raising children, women will defeat the kingdom of Satan. This is what he means that women will be “saved through childbearing” (1 Tim. 3:15).